Labor & Employment Law
Our proven success is achieved and demonstrated by our dedication to providing our clients with a strong, broad-based complement of services, including the following:
- Counseling, assistance and preparation of personnel and labor relations policies and employee handbooks, both union and non-union;
- Day-to-day counseling regarding personnel matters and compliance with Federal and New York State employment laws (e.g., Family and Medical Leave Act “FMLA,” Fair Labor Standards Act “FLSA,” New York State Labor Law, etc.)
- Serving as chief negotiator and/or conducting strategic planning for and providing “behind the scenes” legal support during contract negotiations;
- Representation during all phases of grievance and arbitration processes;
- Representation in all phases of proceedings before New York State and Federal administrative agencies, including: the Federal and New York State Departments of Labor, the National Labor Relations Board, the New York State Public Employment Relations Board, the New York State Division of Human Rights, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission;
- Representation in all phases of employment litigation, including, but not limited to, claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and constitutional claims before Federal and New York State Courts; and
- Creation and presentation of manager, supervisor and employee workshops and training seminars on a wide range of employment issues, including hiring, effective evaluation, discipline and discharge, compliance with Federal and New York State discrimination and harassment laws, and best practices to ensure compliance with Federal and New York State employment laws.
At Webster Szanyi we are dedicated to building collaborative, long-standing working relationships with our clients. We have the experience and expertise necessary to handle matters from inception to conclusion. To this end, we pride ourselves on providing timely responses to every client inquiry, whether large or small, and to protecting each client’s interests with effective and aggressive representation, at all times working toward achieving the best result possible in an economically-sensitive manner.
For more information, contact: