Years of Experience
- Civil Rights
- Employment Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Health Care
- Law Enforcement Liability
- Personal Injury
- Albany Law School, JD
- St. Lawrence University, BA
Admitted to Practice
- New York State – 1992
- United States District Courts (NYS) – Western, Northern, & Southern
- Western District of NY Bankruptcy Court
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations & Activities
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute – Governmental Liability Committee, Commercial Litigation and Life, Health, Disability; and ERISA Committees
- Erie County Bar Association
- Lecturer and Educator for law enforcement departments on police officer use-of-force and police department policies.
- Mr. McClaren is a member of the Board of Directors of the East Aurora Cooperative Market.
- Mr. McClaren serves on the East Aurora Tennis Tournament Committee
Summary of Practice
Mr McClaren has tried a variety o f cases to verdict in both State and Federal Courts, including cases involving personal injury, Civil Rights and Employment Discrimination matters. He most recently obtained a defense verdict following a jury trial on behalf of a local school district which had been accused of age and gender discrimination. Mr. McClaren regularly appears in both State and Federal Court and has been recognized by his peers and Martindale-Hubbell as “Preeminent” and as having the “Highest Level of Professional Excellence.” Mr. McClaren has represented HealthNow New York, Inc. (d/b/a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Western New York for over 20 years in a variety of commercial and ERISA litigation matters. He has argued appeals before the Second Circuit Court of Appeals and the Appellate Division Fourth Department.